Featured Post

Perfect Imperfection

Tonight we put up our Christmas tree, the first Ravella/Gilbert tree. Actually we have two trees. One is artificial. It is perfect. It has p...

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cancer Returns with a Vengeance

I started going back through my journal I kept in 2005 right after Andrea's cancer returned. Over the next few days I will post them. They were written in the summer and fall of 2005.

This is two weeks after Andrea was told the cancer was in her bones, two weeks after she started treatment.

My Journal Entry
July 19th 2005

Yesterday we got the result from Andrea’s PET scan. Not so good, liver lungs and bones. Satan seems to be piling on. But God has answered, Andrea and I know this is not a surprise to God and this news does not limit God’s ability. Never has nor never will this problem become too great for God.

I’m sitting outside Dr. Atkins office waiting to go see Andrea during her third treatment. God is providing us strength everyday. I know God is hearing our prayers and the prayers of all our friends. I know God can heal Andrea.

We had prayer for Andrea after her treatment. It amazes me to see how God provides believers to help us. It is humbling to me.

I thought this cancer is not just about Andrea and me. God’s plan in much greater then my small view. God is using this trial for His kingdom. I had a glimpse of how it is touching others at our prayer time. I pray for those who God is reaching believers and non believers. It is also humbling to be used by God in such a way. To be connected to His plan. We offer ourselves for His glory. That can be scary to say. To let go of life itself, but our reward awaits us in heaven in our home where we will continually praise God in fellowship with other believers. When I think about that, I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment