Featured Post

Perfect Imperfection

Tonight we put up our Christmas tree, the first Ravella/Gilbert tree. Actually we have two trees. One is artificial. It is perfect. It has p...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Martha Martha

I wrote this on Nov 30th 2006
It was just a small reminder to me that no part of my life is too small for God

Today Andrea contacted our friend Daniel. She had felt a leading to call him. She was not sure why and she did not feel this was a requirement, but an act of obedience to the Lord. Andrea called and left a message. Tonight Daniel called back. I was busy in the kitchen making pasta sauce for our Christmas party while Andrea was in the living room talking to Daniel. At some point she left the room and back to our bedroom. I continued to work and clean not noticing Andrea has even left the room. (I know that comes as a shock to those of you who know me) Then as if someone tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Martha Martha what are you doing?" I stopped cleaning and noticed Andrea was gone. I went to the bedroom and found Andrea on he knees praying still on the phone with Daniel. When Andrea saw me she lifted up her hand to me indicating she wanted me to knell with her. I knelt and prayed with Andrea and Daniel. When Andrea hung up she said, "I prayed you would come to me when Daniel began to pray with me."

How awesome is God? How real is He, and how amazing is God to be involved in our lives in such a personal way. It is humbling and it reminds me that God is not far away and detached from our daily life. When life seems so out of control and when your prayers seem to go unanswered, it is then that God gives you a moment like this. Like a soft nudge on your shoulder God reminds you, "I'm right here." And in that moment I knew that despite how life is going it does not mean God is not there, I need only to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment