Featured Post

Perfect Imperfection

Tonight we put up our Christmas tree, the first Ravella/Gilbert tree. Actually we have two trees. One is artificial. It is perfect. It has p...

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Andrea's Journal Entry Aug 3 2006


I don't think the following words need any introduction or explanation. I can say nothing that adds to the faith and trust expressed in Andrea's words.

Nahum 2:1
An attacker advances against you, Nineveh .
Guard the fortress,
watch the road,
brace yourselves,
marshal all your strength!

Lord! That I may always be alert to the enemy and his tactics to distract and harm me. Help me guard my heart and mind so that I don't become discouraged and forget your words to me. I shall not die but live and see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! I will be a story. I will minister to people in need. You have a plan for me. I will feed your sheep. I love you Lord! You are the creator of all things, all people and I love you. You love me and are my father. You want to bless me and I am being used by you. I pray I never receive any glory, but that you will. Be glorified through Jim and me. If one person comes to know you it's worth it all. I pray we are faithful so that people will see and know you. Truly it is only by your grace and mercy I still stand. Thank you for the faith you gave me as a young child. I have needed more than ever before. Your grace is sufficient for me to lean on. Thank you for your promises Lord. I think of David and how he waited on your promise of kingship to be fulfilled. One day Saul died and David rejoiced and danced in the streets. One day all the cancer in this body will be dead and I will rejoice and dance in the streets. I will give you the glory, you the credit and all the praise.

Sometimes I get very excited when I think of all you have in store for us. I pray I will never be like Hezekiah who forgot you and became proud. He took on the glory that was yours and he sinned against you. I pray I will always remember Hezekiah and let Jim remember him also that we never follow after his ways. I pray we will always point to you and never receive glory for my healing. Truly, life is a gift from you, and you alone. Thank you Christ Jesus for being willing to die for me. How frightening it must have been for you in your humanness and yet the Godliness in you took precedence and you gave your life for our salvation and our healing. Help my faith grow every day! I want to know that I know that I know! I know one life isn't one and yet I give my life to you that others may come to you. Spare my life, I pray, that I may give it up for you.

I love you,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment