Featured Post

Perfect Imperfection

Tonight we put up our Christmas tree, the first Ravella/Gilbert tree. Actually we have two trees. One is artificial. It is perfect. It has p...

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Andrea's Joy

This is from Andrea's journal she wrote this on Jan 30 2006, after we went to a Chris Tomlin concert. I read this at the memorial service in North Carolina. I shared it then and now to remind us all that we need not feel sorrow for Andrea for there is no place she would rather be then where she is. She could not lose.

Philippians 1:20-22
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!

On Friday we went to hear Chris Tomlin in concert and oh my goodness! The praise and worship was phenomenal. I felt so close to heaven! I told the Lord I never wanted to leave the concert because His presence was everywhere and to hear so many people praising God in unison was amazing. We sang "How great is our God...sing with me...how great is our God. Then we went into, "Then sings my soul my savior God to thee...How great thou art. And I realized this is what heaven will be like. We will all praise God and live in His glory. I felt the Lord say, "This is what heaven will be and you are going to love it here! But you cannot come just yet. I'm not finished with you on earth. There's still more for you to do." That was bitter sweet. I felt sad in one way because of how glorious heaven will be, but in another way I rejoiced because I will be well and can serve God here longer. I got a glimpse of what awaits me and I longed for a moment to be there. I went from not wanting to go to heaven, to feeling like I was told, "You can't come yet," and feeling a little sad about that. I guess sometimes we want what we cannot have.

No comments:

Post a Comment