Featured Post

Perfect Imperfection

Tonight we put up our Christmas tree, the first Ravella/Gilbert tree. Actually we have two trees. One is artificial. It is perfect. It has p...

Friday, January 11, 2008

Andrea's Journal Entry May 9th 2007

Again I feel I have nothing to Andrea's words. For those of you who were blessed to meet Andrea she was in private as you saw her. She loved God first. I miss her faith. But as she told me that time, Jim what are you going to do when this is over? You need to have your own faith and it can not be based only on the intensity of this trial. You need to have a faith that will stand up when this is over. Now my giant of faith is gone and it is my time to stand up and be counted as a believer. To have my own faith, a faith I live with when life is easy. Sometimes that is harder then having faith when you are lost in helplessness. I hope Andrea knows. I think she does. I'm glad she saw me begin to change before she passed. I think it was God's gift to her.
Here is her Journal entry:

Tonight at church we sang "Shout to the Lord" and when we got to the part, "Nothing compares to the promise I have in you." I thought how true that is for me. The doctors can only offer me, "Management of the cancer", or to keep me, "As comfortable as possible" but God offers healing. He offers me a plan to bless me and not harm me. To see the goodness of Lord in the land of the living and I will declare the works of the Lord. Praise God. I love that. Nothing compares to the promise I have in God. And after this life, eternal life life with our savior in heavenly bliss! I can hardly wait. I pray for a life fulfilled here on earth, serving God and my family. And then life eternal. Praise God.

Then we sang, "This is the air I breathe, your holy presence in me!" And again I thought how when I was sick and having trouble breathing, you were my breath. I could hardly breath and you intervened for me. I want to remember when I feel short of breath that you are the air I breath, your holy presence in me!

I love you Lord and I thank you so much for the service tonight on suffering. It's not the cancer that makes me suffer for Christ but my attitude that determines if I am suffering for Christ. I pray I suffer for you Lord and I never loose focus of that.

Thank you for my life. I am so blessed. Thank you for Sevgi (our cat) who is at the foot of our bed snoring right now. She's your creature and a gift from you.

I love you Lord God Almighty,
A

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing her with us. I love hearing her voice. I miss her. Her faith is amazing! Nothing short of a miracle.
    Love, Gina

    ReplyDelete