Featured Post

Perfect Imperfection

Tonight we put up our Christmas tree, the first Ravella/Gilbert tree. Actually we have two trees. One is artificial. It is perfect. It has p...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ICU Update 11 Dec

Surgery is set for tomorrow mid morning. I do not have the exact time yet. I had to talk to the ENT doc doing the surgery and he was not comfortable doing the surgery. There is a 75% chance she will die based on her lung condition. We had a long talk and I said you are her only hope. It may only be a 1% chance she will get past the surgery, then off the vent and then back into chemo in time, but that 1% chance is all she has. With out the trach she will not get off the vent and thus can't start chemo. He agreed to do it if Andrea understood this new risk and said yes.

We asked her about 15 mins ago and Andrea wants to do it. She told us she was going to get better. I wish I could capture the strength and faith in those words, but I can not. Andrea is very very sick and very weak right now. She can hardly lift her hands but she has yet to complain or give up on this fight.

I have struggled today with so many emotions but I'm ready to fight with Andrea. I can do nothing less for her. She has displayed courage and fight beyond words. I have had to tell her the odds she faces medically yet she still displays faith and hope.

Yesterday I had a thought that right now there is a harvest ready to be be taken. It was sowed by Andrea. Her example and witness to each of us. Some have been affected by her words, some by her actions, some by her story, all by the faith she displays. That faith has taken root in all of us and changed us. This faith we have had planted in us is now ready to be harvested has faith given back to Andrea in her time of need. Faith for her to overcome such insurmountable odds. Faith that believes as Andrea has in all of us. Faith that believes God for the impossible. This harvest that I'm praying for will result in more seeds of faith being sown by all of us, and thus God uses Andrea's suffering to affect others. Lives that will be changed in generations and people we have yet to met, by the faith that was planted by Andrea's example. I thank all of you for your faith. I will tell you that here at the hospital having to deal with the mountain every day it is hard to have faith that does not waiver. So I thank you all for standing in the gap for us.


Please pray for the surgery and the surgeon hands tomorrow.
Please pray for Andrea's lungs to recover, they are very sick right now.
Please pray for strength for all of us, especially Andrea and the boys.
Please pray for improvement in Andrea's stomach that she will be able to digest food.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Michelle. I first heard your story from my friend Roz as I was going through chemo for Lymphoma. Now I have met another fellow friend here in Idaho who also knows you (Jennifer). Please know that the circle of prayer warriors is ever growing so big that we are meeting each other in different parts of the country. We will be praying unceasingly for Andrea and your family.

    The Lords loving-kindnesses indeed never cease, For his compassions never fail, they are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness.
    Lamentations 3:22-23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Your blog was emailed to me. I believe in GOD's ALMIGHTY HEALING...here is a recent post from my blog about my friend, Mary. Please know this is for you too!
    (from...http://greatadventure2.blogspot.com/2007/12/urgent-prayer-request.html)
    For my friends that don't know me...I'm an optimist...yes, I am one that sees the glass half full...I also believe in GOD's promises...I believe GOD can heal Mary. Why? For several reasons...
    Hebrews 13:8 (King James Version)

    8Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever

    GOD's ways are not our ways...we can not look at the natural, we must trust in the supernatural healing power of GOD. Why? Because that is what FAITH is...
    Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

    Besides HIS WORD says
    Isaiah 53:5 (King James Version)
    5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

    1 Peter 2:24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed

    So what about if it's not GOD's will? Some of you ask...I believe it is GOD's will for her or anyone else to be healed. Why? Because according to
    Matthew 6:9-13
    9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
    10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
    11Give us this day our daily bread.
    12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

    The WORD says thy kingdom come thy wil be done in earth as it is in Heaven...that means that GOD's will is the same on earth as in Heaven...is there sickness or disease in Heaven? um-NO!




    So for all of you that have faith that can raise the dead, I ask that you would continue to believe in GOD's supernatural healing of Mary's body. Thank you!!!


    I will be praying for your complete healing!
    Blessings!
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANDREA& JIM
    Defying the odds,breaking barriers,
    not being held back.I know people like that.Have also recently met You Andrea,Jim Family,close friends. You are a source of Encouragment to me.They hang tough when others may give up,forge ahead when others lag behind or lack the vision of Hope, choose to be cheerful when others sink in defeat. Yet even more Powerful are the words of Jesus, who challenged his followers to move moutains
    walk on water.He assured us he would do nothing less than the Impossible!! I have great Faith and Hope in these things as I have had always;Andrea through her sufferings with her disease has shown me another path on which I believe God meant me to go back to even though I've been on many personal Journey's down this path with Cancer .I knew I didn't want it in my Life Anymore, scattered violently through my family,friends.I had Enough or soo I THOUGHT!! Andrea changed my mind, Jim their family their HOPE,Their Unwavering FAITH,Strength.Her amazing ability to communicate this strength,love and Faith,mind you I've never have enjoyed the plesure of hearing her voice to discuss these topics,That is MY POINT she Communicates,all of these amazing strengths with no Words. She exudes this quiet but powerful message,isn't God amazing,as are all of you. Thank you for sharing in your Journey along the way Andrea,as have all you touched my life. here's something I that reminds me of you!
    A calmer Faith. That's the quiet place within us where we don't get whiplash everytime life tosses us a curve. Where we don't revolt when his plan and ours conflict. Where we relax(versus stew,sweat,swear)in the midst of an answerless season. Where we accept(and expect)deserts in our spiritual Journey as surely as we do Joy. Where we are not intimidated or persuaded by other people's agenda's but Moved Only by Him. Where we weep in repentance,sleep in peace,live in fullness and sing in Victory.
    As I will pray for your strength in you Physically during your Surgery tomorrow and your days ahead. For you all have strong amazing strength in your love for Andrea,and she for you, you are the example of the "CIRCLE UNBROKEN" God's Gift of UNSELFISH LOVE!!! God Bless you all.

    Scripture:
    For a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of Trials.These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold,which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proven Genuine and may result in praise,glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 PETER1:6-7
    He knows the way I take;when he has tested me,I will come forth as Gold.Job23:10

    my words are a gracious accountof the blessing it has to have met all of you and taken care of Andrea.
    Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf,mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say. Exodus 4:11-12
    he has spoken to me , through you, also spoken to you through me.
    God Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete