Featured Post

Perfect Imperfection

Tonight we put up our Christmas tree, the first Ravella/Gilbert tree. Actually we have two trees. One is artificial. It is perfect. It has p...

Saturday, December 1, 2007

ICU Update 1 Dec 2007

First thank you all for your prayers.

Today we arrived at the hospital and found Andrea starting to wake up and trying to communicate with us. By 8pm she was smiling at us, trying to mouth words and telling us she wanted food. Her mom, sister and brother in law got to spend a some time alone with Andrea and when I returned they were laughing and having a great time together. It was just what they all needed.

Tonight I saw her beautiful eyes just like I wanted to. I also got to tell her I loved her and she heard me, just like I wanted. I got to read the bible to her and pray with her just like I wanted.

Now she is off pain meds during the day but unlike Tuesday she is calm and relaxed just like she was in North Carolina when she was in ICU. Medically she is a little better. Her heart rate is down from 157, to 130 and her breathing rate is down from 58 to 37. Both are better but still too high and the ventilator is providing a lot of support and pressure to keep her O2 level high. Meaning her lungs still are affected by the infection.

So please pray that tomorrow will show improvement in her lungs.

I was just glad to see Andrea again, the sparkle in her eyes and the smile on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment