Featured Post

Perfect Imperfection

Tonight we put up our Christmas tree, the first Ravella/Gilbert tree. Actually we have two trees. One is artificial. It is perfect. It has p...

Monday, December 10, 2007

Your Love

You loved me from the start
You loved me as a boy
You loved me as a man
You made me a father
You made me who I am

Your Love was patient
Your love was kind
Your love was a prayer spoken in silence

Your love was without envy
Your love was self poured out
Your love was joy in the success of your friends

Your love did not boast
Your love was not proud
You stood behind me in my success
You stood beside me when I failed

Your love was not rude
Your love was silence when others spoke harsh words
Your love was kindness when I wronged
Your love was forgetful of my mistakes

Your love was not for self
Your love believed in your sons
Your love was making them better then yourself

Your love was anger kept in check
Your love was a prayer when you were wronged
Your love was forgiveness undeserved

Your love was pure
Your love was encouragement
Your love was a cross, a scripture to your friends

Your love was my protection
Your love was my shield
A gentle hand when I hurt
Your love was your faith in who I would be

Your love was trust
I saw in your your eyes
Your love was faith lived everyday

Your love was hope
A worn out bible in your hand
A book of scriptures read and reread
Your love is peace lying in this bed

You love was faith
You passed on to me
Your love was a prayer offered to a Priest

Your love was strength
Accepting of your cross
Your love was living in your pain

Your love was mine though not deserved
A love given freely never withheld
Your love was perfect in every way
Your love was unfailing to this day

I hope you knew how much I love you
I hope I am what you always wanted
I hope I gave you all you needed
I hope you knew all you made me

I hope you knew how much you've done
How much you mean, this little one
So petite yet so large
You were God's love to us all

1 comment:

  1. Love never fails...never wonder if she knows how much you love. It's obvious to all and must be to her. She's so intuitive...I love that about her. Gibi

    ReplyDelete